top of page

Questions and Answers

Public·9 members
Aaron Allen
Aaron Allen

FRM-18108 Error: A Common Problem with Oracle Forms 6i and Its Solutions

How to Fix Oracle Developer 6i Error FRM-18108

Oracle Developer 6i is a software suite that includes tools for developing, debugging, and deploying applications that use Oracle Database. One of the tools in this suite is Oracle Forms, which allows you to create user interfaces for database applications.

Oracle developer 6i error FRM-18108 failed to load following objects

DOWNLOAD: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fjinyurl.com%2F2ukLxS&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw1kyfxsXyNgqtkCVKAzMKsL

However, sometimes you may encounter an error when you try to open a form in Oracle Forms Builder or run it on the web. The error message is:

FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects.

This error means that Oracle Forms cannot find or load some of the objects that are referenced by the form, such as libraries, menus, record groups, or other forms. This can cause the form to fail or behave incorrectly.

In this article, we will explain why this error occurs and what are the consequences. We will also show you how to prevent this error from happening, how to diagnose it, and how to resolve it. Finally, we will share some best practices for working with Oracle Developer 6i.

Common Causes of FRM-18108 Error

There are several possible causes of FRM-18108 error, but the most common ones are:

• Missing or corrupted libraries: Libraries are files that contain reusable code or objects that can be shared by multiple forms. If a library that is used by a form is missing from the disk, deleted, renamed, moved, or corrupted, then Oracle Forms cannot load it and throws an error.

• Incorrect or missing FORMS_PATH environment variable: FORMS_PATH is an environment variable that tells Oracle Forms where to look for libraries and other files that are used by forms. If this variable is not set correctly or at all, then Oracle Forms cannot locate the files and throws an error.

• Incompatible or outdated versions of Oracle Forms: Sometimes, you may try to open a form that was created or modified by a newer version of Oracle Forms than the one you are using. This can cause compatibility issues and errors. For example, if you try to open a form that uses features that are only available in Oracle Forms 10g with Oracle Forms 6i, you may get an error.

How to Diagnose FRM-18108 Error

If you encounter FRM-18108 error, you need to diagnose it and find out which objects are missing or corrupted and why. There are several ways to do this, but here are some of the most common ones:

• Using Oracle Forms Builder to open the form and check for errors: Oracle Forms Builder is a graphical tool that allows you to create and edit forms. You can use it to open the form that is causing the error and see which objects are not loaded. You can also check the status bar, the message line, and the console window for error messages. You can also use the Compile menu to compile the form and see if there are any errors or warnings.

• Using ADRCI command-line utility to view diagnostic data: ADRCI is a command-line utility that allows you to access and manage the Automatic Diagnostic Repository (ADR), which is a directory structure that stores diagnostic data generated by Oracle Database and other Oracle products. You can use ADRCI to view the alert log, trace files, incident files, and other diagnostic data related to FRM-18108 error. You can also use ADRCI to create and package incident reports for Oracle Support.

• Using Enterprise Manager Support Workbench to investigate and report problems: Enterprise Manager Support Workbench is a web-based tool that allows you to investigate, diagnose, and resolve problems with Oracle Database and other Oracle products. You can use it to view the ADR contents, analyze the problem, run health checks, apply patches, and create service requests for Oracle Support.

How to Resolve FRM-18108 Error

Once you have diagnosed the cause of FRM-18108 error, you need to resolve it and fix the problem. Depending on the cause, there are different ways to do this, but here are some of the most common ones:

• Replacing or restoring missing or corrupted libraries: If a library that is used by a form is missing or corrupted, you need to replace it or restore it from a backup. You can use Oracle Forms Builder to attach or detach libraries from forms. You can also use Oracle Forms Migration Assistant to migrate libraries from one version of Oracle Forms to another.

• Setting or modifying FORMS_PATH environment variable: If FORMS_PATH environment variable is not set correctly or at all, you need to set it or modify it to include the directories where the libraries and other files used by forms are located. You can set this variable in different ways depending on your operating system and configuration. For example, you can use Windows Control Panel, Windows Registry Editor, UNIX shell scripts, or Oracle Universal Installer.

• Upgrading or patching Oracle Forms to the latest version: If you are using an incompatible or outdated version of Oracle Forms, you need to upgrade it or patch it to the latest version. You can use Oracle Universal Installer to install or upgrade Oracle Forms. You can also use Oracle Patch Manager or OPatch utility to apply patches to Oracle Forms.

Best Practices for Working with Oracle Developer 6i

To avoid FRM-18108 error and other problems with Oracle Developer 6i, you should follow some best practices for working with this software suite. Here are some of them:

• Using ANSI joins instead of Oracle joins: ANSI joins are a standard way of joining tables in SQL queries. They are more readable, portable, and efficient than Oracle joins, which are a proprietary way of joining tables in SQL queries. You should use ANSI joins whenever possible in your forms.

• Avoiding WHERE clauses with functions: WHERE clauses with functions are SQL clauses that use functions such as UPPER, LOWER, TO_DATE, TO_CHAR, etc. in the filtering conditions. They are less efficient and more prone to errors than WHERE clauses without functions. You should avoid using them in your forms.

• Following Oracle Forms guidelines for building applications: Oracle Forms provides a set of guidelines for building applications that use this tool. They cover topics such as naming conventions, coding standards, modularization, error handling, security, performance tuning, etc. You should follow these guidelines when developing your forms.

• Using Oracle Forms fault diagnosability infrastructure for troubleshooting problems: Oracle Forms fault diagnosability infrastructure is a framework that helps you troubleshoot problems with Oracle Forms. It includes features such as ADR, ADRCI, Enterprise Manager Support Workbench, etc. You should use this infrastructure when diagnosing and resolving problems with your forms.

• Adopting Oracle Database configuration best practices for performance and scalability: Oracle Database configuration best practices are a set of recommendations for configuring your database for optimal performance and scalability. They cover topics such as memory management, storage management, backup and recovery, security , etc. You should adopt these best practices when configuring your database for your forms.

Conclusion

FRM-18108 error is a common problem that occurs when Oracle Forms cannot load some of the objects that are used by a form. It can be caused by missing or corrupted libraries, incorrect or missing FORMS_PATH environment variable, or incompatible or outdated versions of Oracle Forms. To fix this error, you need to diagnose it and find out which objects are missing or corrupted and why. Then, you need to resolve it by replacing or restoring the libraries, setting or modifying the FORMS_PATH variable, or upgrading or patching Oracle Forms. To avoid this error and other problems with Oracle Developer 6i, you should follow some best practices for working with this software suite, such as using ANSI joins, avoiding WHERE clauses with functions, following Oracle Forms guidelines, using Oracle Forms fault diagnosability infrastructure, and adopting Oracle Database configuration best practices.

We hope this article has helped you understand and fix FRM-18108 error. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. We are always happy to help you with your Oracle Developer 6i issues. Thank you for reading and happy coding!

FAQs

What is the difference between Oracle Forms 6i and Oracle Forms 10g?

Oracle Forms 6i is an older version of Oracle Forms that runs on client-server architecture. It requires a separate installation of Oracle Developer 6i on each client machine. Oracle Forms 10g is a newer version of Oracle Forms that runs on web-based architecture. It requires only a web browser on the client machine and a web server on the server machine.

How can I migrate my Oracle Forms 6i applications to the web?

You can migrate your Oracle Forms 6i applications to the web by using Oracle Forms Services, which is a component of Oracle Application Server. You need to install and configure Oracle Application Server on the server machine and copy your forms and libraries to the server directory. You also need to modify some parameters in the forms configuration file and the web server configuration file. You can then access your forms from any web browser.

How can I integrate Oracle Forms 6i with Oracle Reports and Oracle Login Server?

You can integrate Oracle Forms 6i with Oracle Reports and Oracle Login Server by using the RUN_PRODUCT built-in procedure, which allows you to call other products from within a form. You need to pass the product name, module name, communication mode, and other parameters to this procedure. You also need to set up some environment variables and configuration files for each product.

How can I use SQL Developer to work with Oracle Forms 6i?

You can use SQL Developer to work with Oracle Forms 6i by using the SQL Developer Migration Workbench, which allows you to migrate your forms and reports to SQL Developer projects. You need to install and launch SQL Developer Migration Workbench and create a migration project. You also need to connect to your source database and select your forms and reports files. You can then convert your files to SQL Developer projects and edit them in SQL Developer.

How can I contact Oracle Support for more help with FRM-18108 error?

You can contact Oracle Support for more help with FRM-18108 error by creating a service request on My Oracle Support website. You need to provide your customer identification number, product name, version, platform, problem description, diagnostic data, and other relevant information. You can also attach files such as screenshots, logs, trace files, etc. You can then submit your service request and wait for a response from an Oracle Support engineer. dcd2dc6462

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page